There are a few reasons why this might be happening but we’ll start with a quick brief on how the PTLevel works.
How it WorksTo top
The way that the PTLevel device works is that it measures the pressure of an air pocket created at the bottom of the liquid volume. This is done by means of our “Pressure Chamber” which is the weighted part with the black tube attached that you dropped into your tank. The small black tube is what transports that pressure pocket to the PTLevel device where it can be measured.
Why the Low Reading?To top
The reason why your device reads low is due to an air leak between the Pressure Chamber and the PTLevel device. The way to know that the issue is an air leak is to check your trends and see if the level reading is getting lower and lower over time.
- Check that the connections are air tight.
- If applicable, check that the clamps are securely in place. If you need new clamps, contact us (here) and we can provide them.
- Check the black tubing for any damage.
- Check the threaded connection on the barb fitting at the top of the Pressure Chamber.
- Reset the air pocket by pulling the pressure chamber out of the tank and dropping it back in after it drains.
There is one thing to note. If you were down to really low readings and your level is actually high, your black tube may have water in it. With proper function the black tube should not have water in it and when it does fill up, your readings will get really bad. The best way to fix this is to replace the black tubing, which we can provide you, or to remove it and use compressed air through it to completely dry it. If you can’t dry it completely, it can still provide bad readings.